Celebrating Mother’s Day
“A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us, when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavour by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” - Washington Irving
Motherhood is an honour, in every sense of the word. An adage goes that since God could not be everywhere and, furthermore, there being no manual on how to live and tackle life issues; He gave us “a mother”.
It is a journey that calls for indissoluble strength, solid wisdom, unwavering faith, lucid discernment, versed intuition, poised emotion, steely courage and unconditional Love.
This year, Mother’s Day is to be celebrated on the 14th May 2017. Mother’s Day always falls on a Sunday.
Mothers should be celebrated possibly each day. Simple but valuable acts of kindness, generosity, appreciation, recognition and assurance like a regular phone call, a routine visit, a pampering session, or a routine health check are some ways of appreciating our mothers who have sacrificed tooth and nail, worked their fingers to skin and bones moulding the great personalities we have become. The toil of a mother should not go unnoticed. For all in all motherhood is the keystone of the arch of family happiness.
Here are some ways of appreciating our mothers on this noteworthy day.
- Have an adventure together. Go on a picnic or arrange some outdoor games with her good friends.
- Pamper her with a makeover or a relaxing day at the spa.
- Spend some quality time together doing what you enjoy. Perhaps a fun shopping trip or gardening.
- A lovely brunch at her favourite restaurant.
- Be her knight in shining armour. Find a solution to one of her dilemmas.
- Give her some 'time-off' so she can tackle her own to-do list. Sort out all her daily chores so she can focus on herself.
- Treat her to that perfect gift she has wanted for so long.
- Above all, the gifts she will treasure forever are the homemade cards and photo frames that remind us what all what a blessing it truly is to have a family.
Of all the good things that life has got to offer, a loving mother is the best. Assuredly, mothers hold everything together even when they are tearing at the seams. Celebrate a mother, this day, every day. They are our best gift!